I decided, however, that the more pertinent question is has John McCain taken his ugly campaign (or if his campaign has taken him) to the point of no return?
I wasn't so much paying attention to John McCain's early career since I was... a small child then (I was... I promise, this is not another cheap shot at this age... though I do enjoy those... because he is OLD ->that was a cheap shot at his age... just so you know the difference). I have to assume, though, that John McCain had to earn his reputation for being a respectable politician... a straight-talker if you will... from somewhere.
Lately, he has been telling lie after lie. He lies about completely unimportant things (insisting Palin turned a profit on the sale of the jet on ebay, when it was not sold on ebay and when it did sell, it was at a loss... why bother even lying about that?) and very important things.
How many times have he and Palin told the flat out lie about the bridge to nowhere? Did you see him on The View the other day trying to defend his assertion that Barack Obama called Palin a pig in lipstick? I was embarrassed for him. It was appalling to see him... a grown man... and a very, very old one at that... flat out lie like that when he KNOWS better! "Barack Obama chooses his words very carefully, he should have never said that, he should have never said it."
Do you notice how he repeats himself like that? Is it for emphasis or something? "We should drill here, we should drill now. Drill here, drill now my friends.... drill, drill, drill...." Whatever the reason it is very annoying. It probably has something to do with his advanced age.
Speaking of which, did you know that John McCain is older than Alaska?
Anyway, back to the point... John McCain once told a joke about Chelsea Clinton that involved the words "ugly" and "because her father is Janet Reno".
And this is a man who is lecturing Obama about choosing his words carefully.
Please.
PS To clarify, I saw the clip on Johny-boy on the View on Youtube. I heard through my peeps that Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg ate him for lunch and that it was funny... They did and it was, look it up.
PPS I still can't be friends with anyone who insists on calling John McCain a "mavrick."
No comments:
Post a Comment