Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rick Warren

Oh my. For a while, I just didn't care that much about who Obama had leading the prayers at his inauguration. Now that I have heard some of the things that this guy has said, I'm going to hop on the bandwagon.

It is one thing to be tolerant of other view points, but I have always said that I don't think it is ok to be tolerant of intolerance.

It isn't that he is against gay marriage, per se. There are plenty of people who feel that way (I disagree, strongly) who don't offend me. It is the things that he has said to defend his position... comparing homosexuality to incest and polygamy and so on.. it just isn't right or ok. It is bigotry. And I for the life of me can't understand why homophobia is acceptable in people's minds. It is on the same level as racism, anti-Semitism, sexism, etc. and should be universally held in contempt in the same exact way as those forms of discrimination.

No comments: